Monday, May 21, 2012

No excuses! Okay, some excuses...

So, here's the deal, I could run off a litany of excuses as for why I have seemingly abandoned my food blog. It certainly isn't for lack of eating, although I did spend the majority of the past year submerged in Weight Watchers (my love of butter had caught up with me and I had to do something about it). Of course, this doesn't mean that I stopped cooking while on WW; in fact, I did more cooking, since going out on WW isn't the best option. Who knew you had so much control over your own food in your own kitchen!? /sarcasm I could cite school as being a huge obstacle in my way of cooking and blogging about my cooking. Truth be told, I'm not the only one in school in our household anymore. The husband started his MBA program last fall, which has thrown a wrench in our otherwise routinized evenings. Him being in school for a few days each week has led to the "cooking for one" dilemma. I love myself, but sometimes I just don't have the energy to cook for just myself.  In the last few months our weekly schedule is even more crammed as the hubby and I have both started attending classes at our local gym (Smash Fit is pretty darn awesome; check it out if you're in the area). This meant I had less time to cook on the evenings my husband and I were together, thus leading to more grabbing something to eat on the way home from the gym. When your class ends at 8, it's tough to cook a complete meal without finding yourself eating at 9:30 at night. So, while I could do the thing I just said I wouldn't do, but quite easily did, I will instead say that I am back to writing and cooking and doing all manner of things to keep this blog active. While I cannot promise future hiatuses won't happen (the upcoming fall semester is my portfolio semester, which means finalizing my masters degree and attempting to graduate), I will do all I can to make sure they don't last a full year.

Deal?

OK, deal.

Now that all that's sorted, I'd encourage you to stick around for some upcoming dishes and posts. I'll have some new favorites, like Broccolini and Chickpea Dal, and some incredible expressions of love and fandom, such as my Mass Effect themed Spicy Chocolate Cupcakes I made for the husband's 30th birthday, plus much more as the summer progresses! Seriously, it'll be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment